Through the Eyes of an Adult Student

“I have the desire but not the ability…”path

My college journey was a long and arduous one.  It consisted of many starts and stops along the way. The road blocks were not intentional, but the priority of my family often made my education take a back seat to the needs and demands of life.  I use to say, “I had the desire but not the ability” to finish my degree due to the stresses of real priorities.

On my birthday, my father-in-law included a newspaper advertisement of the ACU adult completion program in my birthday card as he knew at one time my heart’s desire was to complete my education. I tucked the newspaper clipping into my Bible, and there it stayed for a year. One day on my way to work, I heard a radio ad about this Degree Completion Program that was designed for the working adult and BONUS…. emphasized Christ as the center of their model. That night I pulled out the shelved article. It was the same program. I prayed about it for a week and then secretly decided I would call the number on the ad and just see what happened. The rest is history.

Stephanie croppedIn May 2013, I graduated Magna Cum Laude. During that time, I held a full time job, had two children in high school and supported a husband who was rebuilding his company and career. Most importantly, I had the opportunity to look out in the crowd on graduation day and see my two children look at me with pride as they watched their mama receive her college diploma. That picture will forever be imbedded in my mind and brings me to tears as I write it now. However, I did not earn that degree alone.  It was only by the grace of God, with the support of the amazing professors and staff of ACU that gave countless hours of their time, wisdom and friendship that got me over the finish line. They showered me and the other students with the encouragement to keep going when things at home or at work got tough. Jesus was indeed the center of the program and I learned as much about HIM as I did about business during those two years.

When I think of ACU, nothing but sweet memories come to mind.  And I will forever be thankful for that sweet precious place.

Stephanie Goss
ACU Graduate
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration

IS THE DEGREE COMPLETION PROGRAM
RIGHT FOR YOU?

Give us a call at 602-386-4183 to speak to Fernando Cota, DCP Admissions Counselor or e-mail him at Fernando.Cota@arizonachristian.edu and he’ll be glad to work with you on mapping out your individual academic plan.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *